I cannot believe that 2013 is already more than half over! It has been a year of massive change, for better and worse. The last resolution for 2013 is something that I have already been working on this year: developing my hobbies. Consequently, this is also an area that I have addressed in therapy as my therapist has encouraged me to do things for myself; to do things that I want to do. Here are a few hobbies that I am cultivating:
1. Learning to play the ukelele: I played the trumpet as a child and I like playing an instrument. Several years ago, after playing around with one at my friend's house, I decided that a ukelele was the way to go. I love the sound and I have a weird innate connection to Hawaii though I have never been there. So, I bought a $30 ukelele, got a tuner and played around with it, but never really learned how to play. A few years ago, my boyfriend bought me a BEAUTIFUL ukelele with abalone detailing, reminiscent of a guitar that my parents bought me that I never learned how to play. This time, I am determined to learn how to play. I bought a really awesome instructional book and I've learned how to play some basic songs like Frere Jacques and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Scott gets out his banjo that he's learning to play and we practice together. My goal is to play a duet with my Dad on Christmas Eve as he traditionally plays his accordion.
2. FANTASY FOOTBALL: I have played Fantasy Football the past few years and I love it; it gets me even more into football than I already am! This year, Scott and I are part of my friends' league and we are so excited! Reason #50 million why I love Fall!
3. Cooking: I obviously love to eat, but I also love cooking. We are eating low-carb in my house right now so I'm learning to make yummy low-carb dishes. In the process, I have discovered the deliciousness and affordability of local farmer's markets. I have been cooking with locally-grown cauliflower, broccoli, swiss chard, and other vegetables. My challenge this Fall is to cook low-carb football foods. I look forward to the challenge.
4. Writing/Art: I like writing so keeping up my blog is a fun hobby for me. I am also thinking about drawing for fun and/or a drawing class. No homework though.
That is it for my 2013 resolutions. I will come back to these at the end of the year to see how I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment