DC Bucket List:
2. Buy a "Virginia is for Lovers" item.
I have lived in the DC Metro area for three years and have opted to live in Northern VA the whole time. I'm not sure what about VA is so appealing for us, more than DC or Maryland. While I don't agree with VA politics, I do like living in what I call the "North-South." There is definitely a Southern feel to Virginia, but it is different from other places in the South that I have been. Rural VA is beautiful as Scott and I discovered last year when we went camping near the Shenandoah Mountains. The "Virginia is for Lovers" slogan is VA's attempt to appeal to tourists. Truly, Virginia HAS been for lovers, as we have lived in VA for most of the time that we have been together. We also adopted our "baby" Studley, our boxer-bulldog mix, from a rescue, Friends of Homeless Animals, down here. As much as I miss New England and want to return, VA will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment